Master Class and Innovation Platform
If you can’t come to the OWL event, we bring OWL to you. We are thrilled to announce that OWL Scotland 2020 will be an online event, which is accessible is for all. Although we cannot meet in person, we are very excited to introduce you to our online CILT- accredited Master Class and Innovation Platform. We developed the Master Classes together with OWL exhibitors specifically with complex fleet and waste management operations in mind. The Innovation sessions highlight examples of best practice and the latest technology and developments in Scotland and beyond.
Our online event is hosted on an easy-to-use virtual webinar platform.
As well as attending Master Classes and Innovation sessions, you will also have the opportunity to book 1-2-1 appointments with exhibitors throughout the day.
- Register here to attend the Innovation Platform for the OWL Scotland Roadshow 2020.
- Master Classes are also free to sign up to – simply click to register on any that you would like to attend.
09:00 – 09:20: Master Class 1
Refuse Vehicle Solutions: e-One – Probably the most advanced electric re-power solution in the world today, Mandy Brown, Sales Director, Refuse Vehicle Solutions
- Find out how you can achieve zero emissions for your refuse operation
- Learn how to make savings of over £50,000.00
- Benefit from the experience of two leaders in the field of truck conversion and electric vehicle technology, RVS and EMOSS
09:20 – 09:40: Master Class 2
Dennis Eagle: Our journey to RCV electrification, from an OEM standpoint, Tom Fullerton, Regional Sales Manager Scotland and Northern England
- Discover the challenges we faced while developing the eCollect.
- Find out what other alternative fuelled projects (CNG, LPG, Hydrogen, hybrid) we worked on and what lead us down this path.
- Learn how we came to a fully operational and zero-emission solution – the eCollect.
09:40 – 10:00: Master Class 3
Mercedes-Benz Trucks UK: Safety first – reduce injury and vehicle damage, Bob Gowan, Product Management & Sales Technical Manager
- Learn about the latest safety systems direct from Mercedes-Benz to help protect vulnerable road users, your team members and vehicles from accidents.
- Find out how a full stop forward autonomous emergency braking system, including pedestrian recognition using both radar and camera technology can help you.
- Discover how a type-approved reverse guard system with integrated distance display and electronic braking to a full stop can benefit your operation.
- See how a nearside radar system with dual-level driver alerts can warn your drivers of proximity and likely collision.
10:00 – 10:50: Welcome and Introduction
- Welcome and Introduction – Ann-Marie Knegt, Creative Director Visie Communications
- Welcome and Introduction on Behalf of OWL – Barry Sheerman MP of Huddersfield, Chairman of the OWL Partnership.
- The Benefits of OWL & OWL Clean Air Project Update – Jason Airey, MD CMS SupaTrak.
- Understand how OWL Partners work together to provide integrated fleet solutions, removing the uncertainty and hidden costs of vehicle and fleet systems integration.
- Learn how OWL is helping to shape future policy on air quality and the effect this may have on large-goods vehicle operators.
- Learn about the latest vehicle and fleet technologies helping fleet operators to reduce costs, stay compliant and reduce their impact on the environment.
10:50 – 11:15: Case study: Dundee Electrifying the City – Fraser Crichton, Corporate Fleet Manager, Dundee City Council.
- Find out about Dundee’s eight-year journey to e-mobility transition.
- Learn how Dundee implemented its EV-charging infrastructure strategy including other renewable energy solutions.
- Find out how the City Council came to have the largest percentage of electric taxis in UK.
11:15 – 11:35: Master Class 4
CMS SupaTrak: Improving your domestic waste rounds management, Stephen Strange, Head of UK Sales
- Get an overview of the issues associated with traditional, paper-based, domestic waste collection systems, based on the feedback of multiple councils.
- Find out how technology can help to remove these problems and provide numerous other benefits.
- Obtain an advanced preview of CMS SupaTrak’s latest JobTrak Domestic Waste solution.
11:40 – 12:00: Master Class 5
Thomas Group: Fuel Optimisation Master Class – Looking After your Current Fleet, Kevin O’Sullivan, Sales Director
- Find out how to tackle the dirty diesel – fuel injection, DPF, EGR and CO2.
- Learn how to implement immediate change whilst considering technology options.
- Learn how to measure success and discover the benefits of following best practice.
12:00 – 12:25: Local standards to Global Issues – Tackling the Impact of RCVs on our Cities – Glen Davies, Transport and Logistics Specialist, AtoH Solutions.
- Gain an insight into the HGV and its contribution to toxic emissions and air pollution.
- Understand why UK cities are under pressure to cut air pollution levels.
- Get up to date on which UK cities have implemented, or are planning, stringent Clean Air Zones.
12:25 – 12:40: Case study: Fife Council – Reducing Fuel Costs with Intelligent Transmission Technology – Alexander Anderson, Service Manager Waste Solutions, Fife Council.
- Gain an understanding of how Fife Council’s Waste Fleet operates.
- Find out what the mechanics are behind the transmission technology that was used.
- See what financial benefits Fife Council has reaped from installing the transmission technologies.
12:40 – 13:05: Electra – The Concept is Now a Reality – Russell Markstein, Group Commercial Director, NRG Fleet Services, Electra Commercial Vehicles.
- Learn how Electra can help reduce emissions and help fleets meet air quality targets.
- See why five major chassis manufacturers collaborating with Electra and offer after-sales support. Find out why diesel RCVs are the worst type of polluting vehicles and learn how Electra can not only help improve an organisation’s carbon footprint but will also help increase staff wellbeing and health.
13:05 – 13:25: Master Class 6
VPG Onboard Weighing: The benefits of online vehicle weighing and overload protection systems – Richard Collins, Sales and Marketing Director
- Find out what the dangers are of overloaded vehicles for your operation and other road users.
- Discover the perfect system for your fleet
- Find out how an online vehicle overload protection system can help improve your operations.
13:25 – 13:45 Break
13:45 – 14:05: Master Class 8
Bucher Municipal: Electric sweepers – driven by better – producing lower emissions in the municipal market – Craig Mitchell, Regional Sales Manager
- Find out about products that can lower CO2 emissions
- Discover how to optimise your ROI – electric as cost-neutral option
- Create lower maintenance costs for your operation
14:05 – 14:30: Cost Benefit Analysis for Electric RCVs – Dr Gavin Bailey, Principal Consultant in Sustainable Future Transport and Mobility Solutions, Eunomia.
- In the urban context, electric refuse collection vehicles may be considered commercially and operationally viable.
- Operators should begin planning electric refuse collection vehicles into their future fleet renewals, given the speed of development in electric vehicle technologies.
- Real-world demonstrations and trials of electric refuse collection vehicles are required across a broad range of environments and operational applications, including rural settings.
14:30 -14:55: Testing and Optimisation of the eCollect eRCV – Andy Graves, Product Marketing Manager, Dennis Eagle.
- Understand the requirements for testing and approval of a complete electric RCV.
- Find out which special tests are required specific to this EV.
- Find out what the tests based on existing approvals are.
- Learn about the field trials and how to understand the duty cycle of RCV’s.
14:50 – 15:05: Electric Vehicle Workshop: Telematics and Duty-Cycle Anxiety – Jason Airey, MD CMS SupaTrak.
- It is a whole new world of jargon. What are kilo watt hours (kWh) and are they the new MPG?
- Understand the data being measured from electric heavy goods vehicles and how this data can be used to manage efficient vehicle operation.
- Learn about the limitations of operating these vehicles and what can be done to maximise duty cycles today and on in five years’ time.
15:05 – 15:15: Close of conference
- Jason Airey, MD, CMS SupaTrak