30/31 March, 2022
Organiser: contact: Ann-Marie Knegt, Creative Director Visie Communications
Exhibitor bookings: Jason Pidgeon, Business Development Director, Visie Communications
Only qualified individuals are allowed to register: ea fleet, transport managers, operational managers in public sector and contracting organisations.
Other industry suppliers pay a day rate of £95.00 for attendance or £250.00 for the overnight and dinner package.
Programme 30 March
18:00 – 19:00 Drinks reception – sponsored by Dennis Eagle UK.
19:00 – 22:00 Networking dinner – dress code smart casual
19:05 – 19:20 Welcome by Barry Sheerman, MP, Chairman OWL/ WCRAQ
19:20 – 22:00 Dinner and networking
Programme 31 March
08:30 – 9:30 Registration, coffee and exhibition viewing, outside vehicle area viewing
09:30 – 09:35 Welcome and introduction on behalf of CIWM Wales – Ben Maizey, Link Wales & CIWM Council Member – Wales [CONFIRMED]
09:35– 09:45 Welcome and introduction on behalf of OWL – Barry Sheerman, MP for Huddersfield, Chairman OWL Partnership [CONFIRMED]
09:45 – 10:15 What is the purpose of OWL? – OWL Clean Air Project update – Jason Airey, MD, CMS SupaTrak [CONFIRMED]
- Learn how to integrate the equipment and services of all the OWL partners into one common platform.
- Discover how transitional technologies and long-term vehicle energy solutions can work for your organisation.
- Find out how OWL and the Westminster Commission for Road Air Quality can help you reach zero emissions at point-of-use and become carbon negative.
10:15 – 10:45 Keynote: The Wales Transport Strategy: Llwybr Newydd – Rob Kent-Smith, Deputy Director – Transport Strategy and Policy at Llywodraeth Cymru / Welsh Government [CONFIRMED]
- Learn about the launch of a review of road schemes in Wales, shaping future priorities for investment.
- Think differently about how we use our roads as an enabler of sustainable transport, including the use of speed limits to improve safety and air quality.
- See how the launch of the Welsh Government’s EV charging strategy and subsequent action plan went as an enabler for the uptake of Electric Vehicles.
- Learn about the journey so far, where Welsh Government is and what is to come.
10:45 – 11:15 Break and exhibition viewing
11:15 – 11:45 Air quality improvements from the UK automotive sector – Sukky Choongh, Environmental Manager, Air Quality and UK, SMMT [CONFIRMED]
- Learn about the development in the UK vehicle market and their impact on air quality.
- Find out how to overcome challenges for the industry to achieve net-zero.
- Discover the nature of future mobility.
11:45 – 13:00 OWL Live outdoor vehicle and equipment demonstrations
- Learn how real-live vehicle technology can benefit your operation during live demonstrations.
- Find out about solutions you can implement right now to reduce emissions and save fuel.
- See how driver management software can increase performance and optimise your fleet movements.
- Demos by CMS SupaTrak, Dennis Eagle, Terberg Matec UK, NRG Riverside, MacPac, Multevo and Bucher Municipal.
13:00 – 13:45 Lunch and exhibition viewing
13:45 – 14:15 eCollect update – in-service vehicles and performance – Simon McCulloch, Technical Sales Support Manager, Dennis Eagle
- Learn how the eCollect has an optimal vehicle range combined with an advantageous payload with no compromise of diesel performance.
- Find out about the operational benefits of the eCollect.
- Discover how the eCollect can create carbon emission and ultra-fine particulate savings for your fleet.
14:15 – 14:45 Electra – out there and working. What comes next, and where does hydrogen fit in? – Russell Markstein, Group Commercial Director, NRG Riverside/Electra Commercial Vehicles [CONFIRMED]
- Learn about the BIFFA and City of London case studies.
- Find out what the customers are saying.
- Find out how to improve staff wellbeing with electric HGVs.
- Learn how to improve local air quality.
- Find out how hydrogen is the future of clean transport.
14:45 – 15:15 Trials and triumphs of eRCV implementation throughout Wales – Steve Carroll, Head of Transport, Cenex [CONFIRMED]
- Learn about the Welsh Governments plans for a zero-emission waste fleet.
- Discover the options available for zero-emission waste collection.
- Listen to the early study learnings from eRCV deployment.
15:15 – 15:45 Break and exhibition viewing
15:45 – 16:15 Bristol – adopting technology to achieve innovation in a changing world – Iain Fortune, Fleet Manager Bristol Waste/ Jason Eldridge, Operations Director, Bristol Waste [CONFIRMED]
- Discover how working close to the operation can lead to vulnerability of being in a status quo and having significant gaps to catch up with innovative operators.
- Learn what innovation is available by scanning trends to expect and manage disruption.
- Find out how to commit to adopting changes by listening to others experiences confidently.
- Discover how to reduce harm to local environments by innovating alternative fuels into front line operations.
- Learn how to use technology to improve performance.
- Discover the importance of the relationship with your fleet/technology suppliers.
16:15 Question time and close of conference – Ben Maizey, Link Wales & CIWM Council Member – Wales [CONFIRMED]